Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How To Train Your Dragon is Awesome!

If you've spoken to me for more than 30 seconds you know that I love dragons. I read about dragons, I write about dragons, I blog about dragons, I watch movies about Dragons. The other day I finally got to see the movie How To Train Your Dragon, and I loved it. (Is anyone surprised by this? Anyone?)

How To Train Your Dragon is the story of a village of Vikings that are constantly attacked by dragons. Because they're vikings, they're stubborn and refuse to leave. Hiccup is perhaps the most pathetic excuse for a viking there is, and as such has never slain a dragon. He's got more brain than brawn, an unusual trait for a viking. He comes up with a contraption to catch a dragon so he can slay it, and it works, but no one will believe him and so he runs off looking for it himself. This is how he meets the dragon he later calls Toothless.

The friends that I was watching this movie with said that I was completely absorbed into the movie from beginning to end. This was evidenced by the lack of food consumed. We had a lot, I had almost none once to movie started. It was dragons from start to finish, just the way I like it. The movie had a lot of different types of dragons as well and explained them all as Hiccup met met with each kind. The dragons themselves had qualities of cats, dogs, and horses. Toothless would walk around in a circle before lying down to rest. A tinier dragon would curl up next to Hiccup and purr after being fed. I'm not sure how they were like horses, but that's what the special features told me.

I highly recommend this movie to anyone who loves dragons, and even if your just mildly okay with dragons this is still a good and funny movie that anyone can enjoy (you just enjoy it more if you love dragons!)

...DRAGONS!

2 comments:

Sarah And John said...

Im glad you liked it soooo much. Im at about 90% done of downloading so I can watch :p Oops!!! Ill have to report back and let you know how I feel.

Sarah And John said...

Im glad you liked it soooo much. Im at about 90% done of downloading so I can watch :p Oops!!! Ill have to report back and let you know how I feel.