Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fennekin Potentially Just got a lot more Awesome

The sixth generation of Pokémon is happening soon and slowly the new Pokémon for it are being revealed. The starters were among the first, those being Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. I was kind of meh to Chespin and Froakie, but Fennekin is a fire fox and it won my heart and I decided that Fennekin would be my sixth gen starter.
Just look at the little guy.

Recently the first evolutions of the starters were revealed in a trailer (a trailer that I haven't really watched because I am trying not to spoil the game) and the internet Pokémon community was initially baffled. Save for Fraokie's evolution, they all seemed kind of lame. Until further inspection. Basically it seems that the starters are going to exemplify classic RPG classes. Chespin is looking like he'll be a Paladin, Froakie a Warrior, and best of all Fennekin is looking to be a mage. It even gets a wand (sort of) when it evolves.

I love RPGs (hence why I still play Pokémon) and my favorite class to play has always been the mage. I like magic. Fennekin is likely going to be a Fire/Psychic of Fire/Fairy type, and either way I'll be happy. I've wanted a Fire/Psychic type for a long time.

The only problem that I can see is that the 6th gen games offer a new starter and an old starter (Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle) and I think that I'm also going to choose Charmander. Having two fire types doesn't really give balance to a Pokémon team. I've decided that I don't care :D

No comments: